cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doman
Engaged Sweeper
I have one of our techs that cannot do a uninstall for software. It errors out as a cannot start WMI service. I on the other hand can get in and do the uninstalls without any issue. I am a Domain admin and he is not. But i do not want to elevate him to that status. He can do the uninstall on a Couple XP boxes but not all and not on any Windows 7 boxes. The Question is wether i can assign hima level of access in Lansweeper that woudl do this or do i need to add him into a Power user or ? group.

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
Doman
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks that information kind of worked. One PC i added the group to the local Admin and he was able to get in and make changes. Another Computer that same group was already set as local admin but he still could not do anything. Added his AD account as local admin and now it worked for him. So he will just have to add them as he has an issue for now.
Salamine
Engaged Sweeper III
If the tech is a local admin on the remote machine he will be able to do whatever he pleases to it without being a domain admin.

-Sal
Doman
Engaged Sweeper
Tested with another Tech with the same AD Rights as the other and he can get to that same Computer and uninstall. So it does not look like any AD rights. But an issue with WMI. I logged into his Laptop and with my profile it worked fine but not with his profile. Both were just created and had the same defualt IE settings.