cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinwtaylor
Engaged Sweeper
I have LANsweeper set up for our domain and it is scanning using active scanning fine. However, if I want to get an update for a particular machine and run lstrigger, it always errors with 'failed' whether run via the web console or directly on the machine running LANsweeper. What am I missing?
12 REPLIES 12
audiorapture
Engaged Sweeper III
Make sure the syntax from the console is actually correct. I found out more or less by accident that the command issued from the action screen omitted the server name. I had to manually add it to the command.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please contact us by e-mail at lansweeper@hemoco.com to try to solve this problem.
martinwtaylor
Engaged Sweeper
errorlog.txt has lots of entries like:

29/01/2010 07:27:07: Stopping service

29/01/2010 07:27:09: Database connection successful, starting up service

Port in use is the default 9524.
martinwtaylor
Engaged Sweeper
The lansweeper server service is running fine. I've tried running lstrigger on the server itself, and it still reports 'failed'. It even fails triggering itself! The server name 'tokyo' is resolving correctly.

Is there an updated lstrigger.exe tool? As I asked before, is there a verbose setting or log where I can see why it's failing?
martinwtaylor wrote:

Is there an updated lstrigger.exe tool? As I asked before, is there a verbose setting or log where I can see why it's failing?

The only way it can fail is if you connect to a wrong server or port.

Could you check your errorlog.txt file and your configuration to see on which port lansweeper is running please.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Might be stupid, but could you check if your service is running?

Also does "tokyo" resolves to the correct IP address?
martinwtaylor
Engaged Sweeper
No, lsclient tokyo /showresult shows failed.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
does lsclient works from these workstation?
martinwtaylor
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, it's running on the default port 9524.

I have entered the port into the firewalls and even taken both firewalls down to no avail. I have also checked that the Connection Tester works fine from the server, which it does. It sees all machines but lstrigger fails on all of them. Is there a parameter to get more verbose output?