cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bertrand
Engaged Sweeper
To do license tracking; I need to be able to add software that is not scanned automatically (portable apps; webapps that needs specific java configuration to work; or a license file that is in the users appdata folder on that pc).

What would be the best way to make lansweeper add this information?
* ideally it should update itself when I re-image the pc (no manual entry)
* scanning a location is not always the good option: the pc may be configured for a specific user, but that user is not necesarily logged on
I guess somewhere in the registry there is a list of installed software that is scanned by Lansweeper?
Custom file scanning is not an option as the software should show up as software so I can do license tracking.

As a feature request: Software tracking would be easier if every software had it's separate information page (like hardware/users) where one could see where it is installed; license information; vendor information; version information; ...
2 REPLIES 2
bertrand
Engaged Sweeper
I added this info to the registry
It got scanned in lansweeper flawlessly.

it's not as elegant as I hoped; but it does help.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{550B8436-2234-4067-A98E-4E888F9439F6}]
"Comments"="dit is een commentaarveld"
"Contact"="dit is een contactenveld"
"DisplayVersion"="0.0.0"
"HelpLink"=""
"HelpTelephone"="03/123.45.67"
"InstallDate"="20131112"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Data\\"
"Publisher"="NAME PUBLISHER"
"Readme"=""
"Size"=""
"Version"=dword:060102bc
"Language"=dword:00000000
"DisplayName"="NAME SOFTWARE"

I got the guid from http://createguid.com/
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The only way to manually add software to the license compliance module is to:
• Browse to Configuration/License Compliance/License Tracking.
• Hit the Add New License button.
• Select a RANDOM software package and hit Add. It does not matter which software package you choose, as we’ll be editing the software name afterwards.
• Edit the name of the license item and/or software package by placing your cursor in the line, making the necessary change and hitting Enter.

This is mostly useful for tracking software packages that are not part of Add/Remove Programs on your machines YET, but will be soon. It is not possible to add file or other scans to the license compliance module or link software that was manually added to the module to specific machines.