cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilL
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I need to rebuild my server 722 that has Lansweeper 4.0.0.21 and I want to move all of it over server 207 that I have loaded version 4.0.0.27 of Lansweeper. I was wondering if you have a procedure document that would explain it to me.

Server 722 is 2003 32 bit with SQL Server 2008
Server 207 is 2008 64 bit with SQL Server 2008

I could explain what I tried but I'm not to sure if there is a limit for how big the posting can be

The one thing I thought about trying was to upgrade 722 that is running 4.0.0.21 and run the setup.exe to upgrade it to .27 but the Upgrade (Recommended) is grayed out so I can't do that.

Thanks
Neil
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When a computer is scanned the server that did the scan in stored in field "scanserver" in table "tblcomputer".

You need to wait till the workstation is scanned again or you need to change the value of field scanserver in the table.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
For the restore there is an option that you can check "force restore over existing database"
NeilL
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
For the restore there is an option that you can check "force restore over existing database"

Thanks for that suggestion it worked and it scanning now on the new server but now I have another issue. When I go to run a Trigger Scan via web page its point back to the old server 722 which is being rebuilt cmd.exe /K {actionpath}lstrigger.exe {scanserver} {computer} {domain} for some reason when it reads scanserver it still point back to server 722.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.aspx
NeilL
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.aspx

Okay we followed the instruction as you stated but ran into a problem when we
do a restore of the database backup and overwrite the Lansweeperdb database on the new server. We always get this Restore failed for Server 207..... We even tried to use the SQL Export wizard to export lansweeperdb from 722 to 207 but ran in a problem with that (see attached for both errors).