cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pawnfodder
Engaged Sweeper
I was going to use the lansweeper config tool to make some changes, however upon double clicking the shortcut on desktop i got an error and the shortcut disappeared. I also do not see the tool under program files\lansweeper, nor could i find the tool within the lansweeper folder under program files.

We have a second copy of lansweeper premium that is running for another organization, I went to that desktop figuring i would just right click the shortcut to see where the tool resides however there is no shortcut on the desktop (nor anywhere else).

How do i get into this now? I have click config tool from within lansweeper and that just directs me to use the shorcut via program files. I would do a repair install but now am a bit confused / guessing this was changed at the last update?

Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
pawnfodder
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, thank you. By unloading trend i can use the tool and then turn trend back on. Will need to figure out where they stashed the whitelist.

Thank you for assistance.
pawnfodder
Engaged Sweeper
We use Trend Micro. It doesn't do a great job stopping viri but does a steller job at picking up useful files.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pawnfodder wrote:
We use Trend Micro. It doesn't do a great job stopping viri but does a steller job at picking up useful files.

Yes, Trend Micro was reported by another customer. You will probably have to add the Lansweeper files to your virus exceptions or they'll be deleted again.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A few customers have reported anti-virus software returning false positives for the lsmanage.exe and subsequently deleting it. This may be what has happened in your case. Could you let us know which anti-virus software you are currently using?

Please do the following to solve the problem:
- Run the Lansweeper installer again.
- Choose New Installation\Advanced Install.
- Select only the Lansweeper service for re-installation.

No changes will be made to your database.