cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I was able to get all the data when I ran the client file from my machine. However, when I log into a machine in the domain and let the lsclient.exe run with the login script I get computer name, ADUsername, and Software Installation data. Any ideas as to why I am not getting hardware information data or user information data?

Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
FYI...if I run msinfo32.exe from the server machine I can pull all the information that I need to show up in Lansweeper with no errors. So it shouldn't be an issue with WMI.
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
Is there any reseason why I would get the software information from the machines and not get the hardware information from the same machines?
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I am able to get data using the vbs script from the server. I changed some of the waitTime values to 0 to test and I am still not getting any data.
Thanks for all your help
Seth
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I was able to connect using WMI and get info back from some machines. However, they still aren't sending the data back to the database. I am going to check the config files to see if that might be the problem.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Hav you tried manually running a .vbs script to see if you can remotely connect to the computer using wmi.
(PS, i'm writing a small utility to check for lansweeper access, wmi, ... problems)
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
We have two domain controllers. All the machines that are getting all the data are using one domain controller, and all the ones that are not getting the data are using the other domain controller. Any ideas as to what may be missing on the second domain controller?
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
sorry...it does say the RPC server is unavailable.
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I do not see any errors in the Webconsole. The computer name is displayed with all the others, last seen is correct, and it lists who logged into the system. It also displays software information. Its happening on both 2K and XP machines. After deploying to all user accounts, out of 40 computers, 20 return all the information(hardware and software) and 20 return only software information.
All the users and computers are in the same domain and have all current Microsoft Updates. The same .net software is installed on all the machines as well. Firewalls are turned off. If I run the lsclient.exe manually from the machines, I get the same results. Any ideas as to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
Seth
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you see any errors for this computer in the webconsole?