cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
I recently purchase Lansweeper and it's a great product. My boss wants to put it in all the divisions but roll up the data into a corporate location. We have a WAN in place but are concerned about the traffic that this could potentially generate. Is it possible to roll this data up by some mechanism and report on that using a console? Probably about 8 additional divisions...
16 REPLIES 16
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Sweet!

One final question. Is there any capability on the reporting side of things to only display the results of a particular scanning server? What I mean is say I have 10 installs, if I want an admin at site1 to only see his results and not the other 9, would that be possible somehow? Ideally I would like to have each admin be able to view their own site as well as have all the data displayed for a "corporate view".

Thanks for the info, sorry if I'm a pain.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bd wrote:

One final question. Is there any capability on the reporting side of things to only display the results of a particular scanning server? What I mean is say I have 10 installs, if I want an admin at site1 to only see his results and not the other 9, would that be possible somehow? Ideally I would like to have each admin be able to view their own site as well as have all the data displayed for a "corporate view".

No, you will need dual installations for that.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Beta will go "gold" when all known bugs are fixed.

How the update works: (example installed software)
Service gets the installed software from the database
Service scans client and compares the results
Changes are send back to the database (if nothing is changed, no changed data is send back)
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
The 4.0 beta version description says there is support for multiple scanning servers with different configurations, can you expand on what that entails exactly?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bd wrote:
The 4.0 beta version description says there is support for multiple scanning servers with different configurations, can you expand on what that entails exactly?

You can have different scanning services in each site all reporting into the same central database.
Each service can have a separate configuration of what it scans (ip ranges, domains, ...)
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
bd wrote:

You can have different scanning services in each site all reporting into the same central database.
Each service can have a separate configuration of what it scans (ip ranges, domains, ...)

Can you tell me if during this type of deployoment the scan completes and then the information is sent to the central server or is a connection to the database opened and information continually sent as the scan progresses? This sounds more like what I want to accomplish but still want to understand the bandwidth ramifications. Any idea when the beta will go "gold"?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Current version uses computer name as primary key, next version uses an autoID
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Question for support:
Is the database normalized in any way? If there are no Auto-ID's used in tables to pull data from other tables then I could create a master install and write an import program to wipe out the master DB once per night of all data and then import data from each location with their "sub-installs". This would only work if there is no normalization in use.
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for the feedback. So you don't have any bandwith clogging issues that you've seen? We run e-mail and other apps to the central office and we don't want to impact any existing systems.