cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdvtg
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I'm evaluating for purchase and need to know how to address this issue.
I m working on a Multiple-server multiple-domain setup with remote sites that use the same IP address space. For example, site 1 uses 192.1658.2.0/24 for the LAN, and so does site 2.
Each is on a different AD domain and has its own LANSSweeper server, but I don't see a way to perform IP address scanning via a specific server.

Please advise if this is possible and how I might approach.

Best regards,
Mike
6 REPLIES 6
mdvtg
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the clarification.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Your screenshot indicates that you are using the trial (Premium) version of Lansweeper, which does not allow for multi scanning server setups. Multi scanning server setups are only supported for Enterprise and Support Company users. You are using one scanning server, which scanned everything currently in your database.
mdvtg
Engaged Sweeper
I do have a central SQL server and it is reporting data on the secondary server in the 2nd site (domain PS001 is at that site). But I do not see another tab. I can simply reinstall though, should not be a problem.

Screenshot attached

mdvtg
Engaged Sweeper
Perhaps I installed the 2nd server improperly? I do not have tabs for the individual servers (or I simply can't locate them). I can set scan scheduled for AD Users for both separately, but not for IP{ Address Scanning.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mdvtg wrote:
I can set scan scheduled for AD Users for both separately, but not for IP{ Address Scanning.

This is not possible. All scanning methods are listed under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods. If you don't see a separate tab for your secondary server, that server isn't connecting to your database and you cannot configure it.

Instructions for configuring a multi scanning server setup can be found on page 17 and beyond of our online documentation: http://www.lansweeper.com/documentation.pdf
Your database must be hosted in SQL Server, as SQL Compact does not allow for remote database connections.

To install a secondary scanning server, run the Lansweeper installer, choose New Installation/Advanced Install and ONLY check the following options: "Lansweeper Service" and "Use an existing SQL Server". DO NOT check the checkbox in front of "Lansweeper Database", or you'll be overwriting your existing database.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We're not sure we understand the issue. If you have several scanning servers connecting to the same database, each server has its own tab in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods and can be configured separately.