cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jberner
Engaged Sweeper
Good morning,

I encountered a strange behaviour the other day.

One of our departments got new PCs. I prepared a sysprep imsage to use on all of them. This image contains a test installation of Office 2010 complete with a test license key. Lansweeper found and scanned these "raw" PCs when I delivered them to their new owners to set them up. So it recorded the test license key in its database.
While setting the PC up I turned the Office 2010 test version to a full version using the license key from the old computer.

And here is the problem: Lansweeper does not recognize the new license key. It still lists the test key in its database.

Is this a bug, a feature or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
J. Berner
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We will consider this issue resolved, as we have not heard back from you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with:
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
• Screenshots of one problem machine's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Software, Scan Time, Errors (if it exists).
• The registry keys below, exported on the same client machine. Please rename the files from .reg to .txt before sending them, so they are not blocked by our spam filters.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office (x64 only)
jberner
Engaged Sweeper
The machines are scanned every day.

Can you tell me where to look for the key in the registry?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please rescan the machine by clicking the Rescan Asset button on its Lansweeper webpage and wait for the "last seen" date listed in the Summary tab to update.

If the old key is still listed after a rescan, it is still stored in the client machine's registry.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now