cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karon
Engaged Sweeper
I have login settings that work for seemingly some pc's and not others...?
We have mostly moved from xp to windows 7 but are still on AD 2003. I am running a login script that runs lansweeper.vbs, but the number of pc's on the RPC listing on lansweeper goes up and down all the time.
The thing I can't figure out is why, I have a test pc in my cube and I even manually run lansweeper.vbs and firewall.cmd and then rescan, and lansweeper reports the pc is compliant.The next day, the pc is back on the RPC error list.

In GP I have opened port 5900 (which seems to have helped the remote control greatly) and also set the dcom settings, I also have the pc's scanning with lspush, but the RPC errors continue
Any help is appreciated

on the test pc I run C:\>netsh firewall show state

Firewall status:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile = Domain
Operational mode = Enable
Exception mode = Enable
Multicast/broadcast response mode = Enable
Notification mode = Enable
Group policy version = Windows Firewall
Remote admin mode = Enable

and running C:\>netsh firewall show portopening
135 TCP Enable Inbound DCOM_TCP135

have run the wmidiag.vbs BUT it says I have 30 missing mof files, and I have no clue how to fix this, I have tried all that it suggests, to no avail...

ALL of our pcs are imaged, so it makes no sense why some would have wmi errors and not some, and this particular pc, was marked in the morning as RPC error, and then a few hours later...compliant...
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
karon wrote:
The thing I can't figure out is why, I have a test pc in my cube and I even manually run lansweeper.vbs and firewall.cmd and then rescan, and lansweeper reports the pc is compliant.The next day, the pc is back on the RPC error list.

An RPC error can simply mean that the computer was switched off at the time of a scheduled scan. Unless the computer has an old "last seen" date displayed on its webpage, indicating that it hasn't been successfully scanned in a while, RPC errors are not something you should be worried about.

karon wrote:
I also have the pc's scanning with lspush, but the RPC errors continue

LsPush scans cannot produce RPC errors. These errors are caused by one of the other available scanning methods.

karon wrote:
ALL of our pcs are imaged, so it makes no sense why some would have wmi errors and not some, and this particular pc, was marked in the morning as RPC error, and then a few hours later...compliant...

WMI errors are different from RPC errors. Could you go through our troubleshooting guide to identify the specific errors you are seeing.