→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acantu
Engaged Sweeper
Hi everyone - I was hoping for some feedback on managing Inventory for my company -

Currently we have an access Database where we keep track of recently purchased laptops and dekstops that are not on the network and still in the box -

Now that we have lansweeper we know which asset belongs to which person...

My question -

Has anyone used Lansweeper to keep track of new inventory that may still be in a box - if you did - how well did lansweeper do once the machine was on the network (did it create duplicate or whole new record?)

Also a follow up question - are there any plans to integrate some sort of table to keep track of assets that will be donated/retired ?

Thanks in Advance!
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
acantu wrote:
how well did lansweeper do once the machine was on the network (did it create duplicate or whole new record?)

If the computer name/domain name combination within Lansweeper matches the actual computer name/domain name, the existing Lansweeper webpage will be updated when the computer is scanned. Lansweeper uses the combination computer name/domain name as the unique Windows computer identifier.

acantu wrote:
Also a follow up question - are there any plans to integrate some sort of table to keep track of assets that will be donated/retired ?

You can change the "state" of an asset by hitting the Edit Asset button on the asset's Lansweeper webpage and selecting the appropriate option from the State dropdown.