cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paprita
Champion Sweeper
I've tried to install the new upgrade 4.0.0.40; first of all I've tried to update DB (on server nr. 1) but no update has been done.
Then I've update lansweeperservice (on server nr. 2) and the operatione was successful. At last I've tried to update web part (on server nr. 3) but the installation application told me that I need to update DB too (as a matter of fact it was not able to find any DB on server nr. 3 so it give me that information) and because the DB was on another server I was no able to continue with installation.
In this moment I have 4.0.0.40 on DB and on service but 4.0.0.36 on web server.
What have I to do now?
4 REPLIES 4
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Ok, I did your solution and it works, now.
Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I see the problem now, most likely a bug in the installer, we'll check into this.
As a workaround please do the following:

On the web server, run setup, choose new installation, select only the website part and connect to your database server, this will only install the website (4007)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The installer updates 3 components to the latest version:

Service version : 4.0.0.40
Database schema : 5
Website version : 4007 (can be found in web.ver)

Depending on the version you had before it's possible that some components didn't need updating
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
The installer updates 3 components to the latest version:

Service version : 4.0.0.40
Database schema : 5
Website version : 4007 (can be found in web.ver)

Depending on the version you had before it's possible that some components didn't need updating

May be I wasn't so clear ... my system is divided into 3 different servers: in the first one there is the DB, in the second the service and in the third the web site.
When I go to update DB, schema is already 5 so there is no update (and it seems to be correct).
When I go to update service, it goes properly and now service is 4.0.0.40.
When I go to update web server, intallation application tell me that it have to update the DB too, before to know where the DB is ... in my opinion it serch for DB on web server and it doesn't found it (of course) ... at this moment it tell me that if I don't choose the flag to upgrade the DB too, it can't continue to update web server ... and it stop ...
The problem is that it don't ask me where the DB is BEFORE to check the DB version ... it just check on local server ... and this is wrong ...
Now web server version is 4005 instead of 4007.

I have attached the 5 screenshot's ... as you can see in the forth phase it doesn't see any DB so, next, it stop ...