cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irfhan
Engaged Sweeper
Dash board reports are confusing for Laptops - We can have only one instead of two different reports for Notebooks & Portable devises.. Please help how can we solve or configure it.
5 REPLIES 5
Irfhan
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you very much for the reply. The solution worked for my request. Can you Please guide me how can i remove the Dash board fields Note books & Portable and place Laptops
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Irfhan wrote:
Can you Please guide me how can i remove the Dash board fields Note books & Portable and place Laptops

This is not currently possible. The chassis overview is automatically generated and you cannot make changes to it. The custom report provided can instead be found in the web console under All Available Reports.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The overview you are referring to is automatically generated based on scanned chassis types. Chassis types are scanned from WMI and cannot easily be altered. What you can do however is create a custom report that lists both notebooks and portables. A sample report can be seen below.
Select Top 1000000 Web40OSName.Compimage As icon, tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.Computer, tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Description, TsysChassisTypes.ChassisName, Web40OSName.OSname, Web40OSName.SP, tblComputers.LastknownIP, tblComputers.Lastseen From tblComputers Inner Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join tblSystemEnclosure On tblComputers.Computername = tblSystemEnclosure.Computername Inner Join TsysChassisTypes On TsysChassisTypes.Chassistype = tblSystemEnclosure.ChassisTypes Where tblSystemEnclosure.ChassisTypes = 8 Or tblSystemEnclosure.ChassisTypes = 10 Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique

To use the specified report, do the following:
• Open the Lansweeper configuration console and select Reports & Alerts\Report Builder. Hit the “New” button.
• Copy the SQL code provided and paste it at the bottom of the newly created report, replacing the default SQL code.
• Click somewhere near tblComputers so the new code applies.
• Give the report a “View name” and a “Report name” and hit the “Save” button.
• Double-click on the report in the report list to see its results and export options. The report will also be listed in the web console under "All available reports".
Irfhan
Engaged Sweeper
first, Thank you very much for your immediate response...Iam sorry if I am confusing - I want to move all my laptops to one place: Both Notebooks & Portable devices should be in one place.. I am attaching a file for your reference.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you provide some further clarification on what you would like to do. We're not sure what you're asking.