cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Transmax
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

Licence keys for Microsoft Visio, Project, Sharepoint Workspace and Sharepoint Designer are all being lumped together as Microsoft Office in the licence key view, which is making it very difficult to keep track of them all.

Is there a solution for this?

Cheers

James

5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We are working on a way to more accurately identify Microsoft product keys. Lansweeper currently looks for actual text within the registry in order to identify products. Unfortunately, Microsoft appears to write incorrect information into the registry for certain products.

We are considering identifying these products based on GUID instead, which seems to be more accurate. More testing is required however.
Transmax
Engaged Sweeper
I have A solution, although it's not THE solution, since it requires starting from the product key and working backwards; use known product keys to get the the ProductIDs of the software you want to track and then use the ProductIDs in conjunction with the software name to find the rest of them.

This is only neccessary with the 2010 products, since 2007 and earlier are recognised correctly.

Step 1: Match ProductID to ProductKey;

Select tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblSerialnumber.Product,
tblSerialnumber.ProductID, tblSerialnumber.ProductKey
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblSerialnumber On tblComputers.Computername = tblSerialnumber.Computername
Where tblSerialnumber.ProductKey Like 'D9DWC-HPYVV-JGF4P-BTWQB-WX8BJ'

If you have volume licences, this page: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624355.aspx has the keys, which will make life easier.

So Visio 2010 has these two that I've seen, although there may be others; 82503-001-0000502-xxxxx and 82503-575-0209055-xxxxx.

I also added a query to filter out the viewer and SDK entries.

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Username, tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSerialnumber.ProductID,
tblSerialnumber.ProductKey, tblSerialnumber.Product

From tblComputers

Inner Join tblSerialnumber On tblComputers.Computername = tblSerialnumber.Computername
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblComputers.Computername = tblSoftware.ComputerName

Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like '% Visio %' And
(tblSerialnumber.ProductID Like '82503-001-0000502%' Or
tblSerialnumber.ProductID Like '82503-575-0209055%') And
(tblSoftware.softwareName Not Like '% Viewer%' And
tblSoftware.softwareName Not Like '% SDK')
crichie
Engaged Sweeper
I'm also experiencing this issue. Any Fix?

Thanks,
Chris

Transmax wrote:
Hi there,

Licence keys for Microsoft Visio, Project, Sharepoint Workspace and Sharepoint Designer are all being lumped together as Microsoft Office in the licence key view, which is making it very difficult to keep track of them all.

Cheers

James

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
crichie wrote:
I'm also experiencing this issue. Any Fix?

Thanks,
Chris

Transmax wrote:
Hi there,

Cheers

James

Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the same information we requested of Transmax.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- Lansweeper webpage for one problem computer. Please show us the following sections: Actions, Software, Keys, Errors (if it exists).

For easy reference, also include a link to this forum thread in your email.