cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tessymay
Engaged Sweeper
On the main page in the web console there is a link to the printers. In that report it shows a Location field. Then under All Available Reports there's a shared printers report but this one does not have the Location field. I have gone in the report builder and cannot find where to add that field to the shared printers report and I can't find the other printers report to look at the code. Can you tell me where to add the field to the report?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I think the best way is to fill in this information on the Printer itself (using the printer web console)
Device scanning will then pickup the location when it scans snmp.
tessymay
Engaged Sweeper
Well basically we want to have a field that we put the description of our networked printers' locations. Ex-"In County Manager's Office, next to Secretary" We currently have this filled in on each printer we have in the "comment" field of the printer's properties on the server. Do have any idea how we can display this in our printers report?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a difference between the printers (devices) or the printers scanned that are connected to the computers.

The reports are 2 different sources.