cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I'm having some problem getting the server to start.. Windows firewall is disabled and I haven't found any other firewall installed on this computer ( not mine ) this is the error message I receive in the errorlog.txt

2008-03-04 13:56:19
System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'initial
catalog'.
at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey)
at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value)
at Lansweeper30.starter.startsweeper()
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

this first thing I'm curious about is the Initial Catalog command being invalid.. and second.. anyone got a solution to this?

Any help appreciated, since I'm just here for till friday it would be good if it came quickly 😉

/Mickwald

EDIT: I've been checking around and I've tried to check if the port (9524) is open, which it seems not to be, but since I'm just doing the tests locally, I wonder if it's really required to be open..
19 REPLIES 19
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post some screenshots of your setup please
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
hmm..I suppose I'm doing something wrong.. My VirtualDirectory is called LanSweeper but I can't access it with the http://localhost/lansweeper

this is how it looks:

Localcomputer
Web Sites
Default Website
ISSHelp
Printers
LanSweeper
aspnet_client

I've made the changes in the Web.config too..I get an error 403 Forbidden..(requires me to login, but there's no question about logging in.. can't figure what's wrong..
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The http://localhost:9524/ is how to access the service that's running, this has nothing to do with the web interface.
If you create a virtual directory "lansweeper" then it will be accessible using http://localhost/lansweeper
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
How do I config the virtual directory with Lansweeper to be the default site so I reach it at http://localhost:9524/?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The IIS manager should be under "administrative tools"
or command line : %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc

(You don't need to delete the default website, you can also create a new virtual directory)
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
So, I've got that part working, however I had some trouble finding the IIS manager.. I found the IIS6 from microsoft but I still can find the "Web Service Extension" and "Application Pools" neither can I delete the Default website..

I'm wondering if I've missed a step (I've installed the asp.net and I've got .net 3.0 installed, does that cause a conflict?) or is there some service that needs to be started?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=XXXX\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;UserID=lssqluser;Password=abc123" />

remove the line break after "initial" (if any)

"UserID" should be "User ID" (with a space)

Lansweeper wrote:
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=XXXX\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;UserID=lssqluser;Password=abc123" />

remove the line break after "initial" (if any)

"UserID" should be "User ID" (with a space)

Thanks, that worked.. ( only the User ID part that needed correcting..)
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
this is how my config file looks like, I've only modded out the computer name:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />
<add key="ListenPort" value="9524" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

hope that might get me some help..
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
My guess is that there are linebreaks in your lansweeper30.exe.config (remove the linebreaks)