cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eapen
Engaged Sweeper
As per your website, "Lansweeper does not need to install a client on your workstations". I installed Lansweeper, its not discovering any computers on my network with no firewalls active. Reading the forum leads me to believe I will need to install lsclient on all client machines which is contradictory to the statement that lansweeper do not need any cleint installs. I tried lstrigger and nothing happens even though it says succeeded. Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The report builder is scheduled first as the next premium user tool, so the other tool will have to wait some more time.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- The lsclient does not need to be installed, it's just a small executable to let the service now that there is a computer "live" on that IP, the service does all the rest of the scanning.
If you place the lsclient in a loginscript (or using a GPO) you only need to put it on one place in your network and the clients will run it from there.

- Lstrigger only triggers computers already discovered by Lansweeper. (who are already in the database)

- There is a new tool currently in development for premium users (which you are) which reads all computers from active directory and scans them when you run it. (this way you can schedule a full scan of your network whenever you want without using lsslient)
Lansweeper wrote:
- The lsclient does not need to be installed, it's just a small executable to let the service now that there is a computer "live" on that IP, the service does all the rest of the scanning.
If you place the lsclient in a loginscript (or using a GPO) you only need to put it on one place in your network and the clients will run it from there.

- Lstrigger only triggers computers already discovered by Lansweeper. (who are already in the database)

- There is a new tool currently in development for premium users (which you are) which reads all computers from active directory and scans them when you run it. (this way you can schedule a full scan of your network whenever you want without using lsslient)

Hi Geert, how long do you think it is before this AD tool becomes available. I am about to figure it out myself but if you are near the release i might as well just wait.
BTW, i am a huge fan of the product, thank You for all the hard work!

thanks,
av