cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Pick any computer, navigate to the Quickfix report page and then click the InstalledOn column heading to sort by the date the patch was installed. I don't know what order it sorts it in, but it isn't date or text. See sample image.

Sebouh
9 REPLIES 9
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Even with mm/dd and dd/mm varying, I would like to sort this by whatever data is in this nvarchar field. Occasionally I'd like to determine when the last batch of updates were installed. It would be nice if the items with the same date were grouped together in the list.

Look at the attached screen shot. Even though the InstalledOn column is what I'm sorting by it looks like it is sorted by the HotFixID. Bug?

Sebouh
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The problem is not really that it's stored as a string, but we noticed that dd/mm and mm/dd are sometimes mixed, even for the same computer.
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Even if the informatin is stored in a string, clicking the column title should at least sort the items by whatever is entered in the string. It doesn't even do that. It just doesn't appear to do anything.

Sebouh
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This can't be fixed, the reason is that the information is stored as a string and the date format is not always the same for each patch.
Sometimes dd/mm/yyyy, sometimes mm/dd/yyyy
it's also sometimes empty or a non-date
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
This doesn't appear to have been fixed yet, correct?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sebouh wrote:
This doesn't appear to have been fixed yet, correct?

Indeed, it's on the list for next update.
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
This doesn't appear to have been fixed in the released version of Lansweeper 4.0. Can I assume it will be addressed in a future release?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sebouh wrote:
This doesn't appear to have been fixed in the released version of Lansweeper 4.0. Can I assume it will be addressed in a future release?

Yes together with another date sorting problem.