cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvplee
Engaged Sweeper
The below message was posted about 6 months ago and I'm having the same problem with the exact error with the remote uninstall tool.

The exact error is
General error on remote WMI service. Unspecified error, ClassID: {C2feeeac-cfcd-11d1-8B05-00600806D9B6}
I wasn't sure how to post the image.

Let's say I open the web interface on my computer. I find my computer (which I'm logged on) and click the uninstall action. It works flawlessly. Now, if I try to select a different computer, it will give me the error above. However, if I log on locally to a different computer, pull up the web interface, select the computer (which I'm logged on) it will work.

I would guess that this is a permissions issue, but I'm not sure where.

I can use the remote uninstall feature if I put in my local computer name but not a remote computer name.
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
On the remote machine start dcomcnfg.exe go to the security tab and compare the permissions with a client that's working.
asldesktop
Engaged Sweeper
Can you confirm if it is access permissions, as I am receiving the same error message?

As I guess the account used in the configuration of lansweeper is the one used to process the remote uninstall command? This needs to be an administrative account.

If this is the case then, all our workstations have this account in the local administrator account.

TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
mvplee wrote:
The below message was posted about 6 months ago and I'm having the same problem with the exact error with the remote uninstall tool.

The exact error is
General error on remote WMI service. Unspecified error, ClassID: {C2feeeac-cfcd-11d1-8B05-00600806D9B6}
I wasn't sure how to post the image.

Let's say I open the web interface on my computer. I find my computer (which I'm logged on) and click the uninstall action. It works flawlessly. Now, if I try to select a different computer, it will give me the error above. However, if I log on locally to a different computer, pull up the web interface, select the computer (which I'm logged on) it will work.

I would guess that this is a permissions issue, but I'm not sure where.

I can use the remote uninstall feature if I put in my local computer name but not a remote computer name.

Help .... Has a resolution been found for this issue ?
I am receiving the exact error
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TNTreasury wrote:

Help .... Has a resolution been found for this issue ?
I am receiving the exact error

If I remember correctly this problem was caused by incorrect access permissions on the client.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you mail the screenshot to lansweeper@hemoco.com please.