Archive

This board contains archived posts from the retired Lansweeper Forum and Insiders Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

SSD / HDD Model & Firmware

Since most of the computer information is being pulled from the WMI it would be helpful to us if lansweeper could pull SSD / HDD model and firmware revision numbers. Now that we have lots of SSDs in production machines we are finding that we need to...

starview by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning Rights To Helpdesk Agents

I have two administrative employees at my company who part time answering the phones to cover for IT Staff. It would be amazing if they could unlock accounts and reset passwords using lansweeper.I am new to this product (installed by the previous dir...

Hobbs13 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updated from 4.2.0.82 to 4.2.0.86

I upgraded our lansweeper server from 4.2.0.82 to 4.2.0.86 and now the lansweeper.exe service will not start and polling is stopped. I need assistance please.Here's the event log error message: Service cannot be started. The service process could n...

mtaggart by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanning Servers default setup

I am using the enterprise version of the software and I have set up scanning servers in different locations. For the scanning and cleanup options, should these be set on the main scanner and all the rest unchecked?

mwrobo09 by Champion Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installer will not install 4.2 update, wants administrator

The error is "Setup has detected that the user does not have enough rights to install Lansweeper database"However, I am logged in as the domain administrator.I even tried changing the service to run under the domain administrator account.Any thoughts...

RedShiftZ by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking replaced/disposed computers

didn't know the best way to describe in the subject but here's what we're trying to do.when a PC gets replaced, it's always replaced with the same name, lansweeper is awesome enough just to scan again and update the record. what i would like to do is...

stonefeet by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCSI report

hi,I'm looking to create a report that pulls the "caption" portion of the hardware scan under SCSI. I have some firmware updates that need to take place on P400 and P400i raid controllers and this would help me greatly.thank you!Dennis

MS Access 2010

Hello,Lansweeper is reporting that one of my clients does not have MS Access 2010 installed. When looking at appwiz.cpl on this client I see Access 2010 is listed.This client also have Office home and business 2010 installed.I have done some searchin...

Bueno by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos