cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_chang
Engaged Sweeper II
How do I prevent machines from showing up in reports like the software report if they haven't communicated with the server in the last 14 days?

How do I remove machines from the machine list that have not been seen in over 3 months?

We have machines that have been decommissioned that still show up in our software reports and these need to go away as to not cause confusion.

thanks in advance!
Dave
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
david.chang wrote:
How do I prevent machines from showing up in reports like the software report if they haven't communicated with the server in the last 14 days?

How do I remove machines from the machine list that have not been seen in over 3 months?

Lansweeper does not delete any computers from your database unless instructed to do so. You can clean up your database using one or more of the cleanup options listed in your Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Servers\(name of your server)\Options\Scanning & Cleanup Options.

You can either delete stale computers from your database or have them set to non-active. Non-active computers are excluded from most reports, so assigning this state is an easy way to “ignore” a computer without actually removing it from your database.

Note that cleanup actions are performed when the Lansweeper service is started and subsequently every 24 hours. If you make any changes to your options and wish to apply them immediately, restart the Lansweeper service.