→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Hi, I am loving the new version of Lansweeper. There is only one problem I am having with it now... reporting is a serious pain to figure out! I don't know, maybe I am just not reading something right but when I create a report, I end up with over 600,000 computers in it when I only have about 400.

What I am trying to do is create an inventory report with certain information that our accounting department can pull when they are ready to do inventory. Perhaps someone here knows exactly how to put this together... below are the columns I am trying to put in this report...

Username, Computer Name, Computer Model, Serial Number, IP location

Every time I try to build a report with these it just won't come out right. I guess the reporting interface is just very confusing to me. The built in reports are fine, but I can't find one that lists all my systems and the above information.

Thanks in advance for your time...
5 REPLIES 5
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Got it. That is perfect, thanks! Works great.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A functioning report is included below. Each table needs to be linked to at least one other table. The report builder cannot know how table A relates to table B otherwise.
Select Top 1000000 tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tblAssetCustom.Serialnumber,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssets.Lastseen
From tblAssets
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Left Outer Join tsysIPLocations On tblAssets.IPNumeric >=
tsysIPLocations.StartIP And tblAssets.IPNumeric <= tsysIPLocations.EndIP
Left Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where tblAssets.Assettype = -1 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Update - ok I got ALMOST what I want. I have all columns loading and it looks great, except the IP location for each device. I tried dragging the tsysIPLocations.IPLocation table over then ticking the "IPLocation" box, but then my list jumps up to 8000 devices (I have 400). Another question I have is that there are lines connecting the different tables... am I supposed to be "connecting" this table somehow? What is the purpose of this line?

What am I doing wrong here?
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
I am sorry, I deleted it yesterday. If you could tell me what tables and which boxes to check in order to get the info listed above, I will try to build it again and if it comes out wrong, I will post my query here.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please post your SQL query. Your report must be incorrectly formatted.