cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzovi
Engaged Sweeper
Don't know what is going wrong here but I formed a query to show me any product with Microsoft or Adobe in the name of the product. When I view the report, I see the same product key for Office 2007, Office 2003, Office 2000, Adobe 4.0 Standard, Adobe 5.0 Standard, etc... This can't be right! I also don't see any operating systems in the report as they are almost all Windows XP and see none in the report. What could be my issue? Help anyone....
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can just delete the software table from your query and use only tblcomputers and tblserialnumber
mzovi
Engaged Sweeper
So what should my query be if I want the report to show any Microsoft or Adobe product along with their product id's and product keys along with the computer names? My objective is to show the client if he is out of compliance on his software licenses. We suspect they've used the same product key on multiple computers and they may not have purchased that many licenses.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It's normal that you get multiple results.
table software has different results then tblserialnumber.
You need one or the other, now all results are combined
mzovi
Engaged Sweeper
Here's my query as requested;

SELECT DISTINCT
dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName AS Software,
dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName,
dbo.tblSoftware.Installdate,
dbo.tblSoftware.Lastchanged,
tblComputers.LastknownIP,
tblSerialnumber.ProductKey,
tblSerialnumber.ProductID
FROM
dbo.tblSoftware
INNER JOIN tblComputers ON (dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName = tblComputers.Computername)
INNER JOIN tblSerialnumber ON (dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName = tblSerialnumber.Computername)
WHERE
dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName LIKE '%Microsoft Office%' or dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName LIKE '%Adobe%'
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post your query please.