cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
Greetings,
My Lansweeper 3.5.2.4 stopped scanning a few days ago, and I've noticed that for the last machine it scanned it displays a date which hasn't occured yet (as in, a date in the future).; both the lansweeper server and the machine it was scanning have the correct time.
I tried rebooting the server, stopping the service and deleting the old error log, alas, no luck. The new log file shows only one entry, that the database login was successful. Trying to trigger a scan on any machine also doesn't work.
Below is the last few entries from the old error log:

4/14/2010 6:04:41 AM: NCHWS8 AUTORUN The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at LansweeperService.MdlWmi.GetWMI(String Querystr, String Table, LS_Computer& mycomputer, String section, SqlConnection& sqlcon)

4/15/2010 3:08:05 AM: NCHWS34 HARDDISK The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
at LansweeperService.MdlWmi.GetWMI(String Querystr, String Table, LS_Computer& mycomputer, String section, SqlConnection& sqlcon)

4/15/2010 11:54:28 AM: NCHWS40 HARDDISK The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()

4/15/2010 4:10:07 PM: Cannot connect to database, check your config file, will try again in 1 minute
Cannot open database "Lansweeper32" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'lssqluser32'.
4/15/2010 4:11:19 PM: Database connection successful, starting up service

4/16/2010 12:27:05 AM: Cannot open database "Lansweeper32" requested by the login. The login failed.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
at LansweeperService.MdlServiceStatus.WriteServiceStatus()

4/16/2010 2:35:50 AM: BALTADMIN AUTORUN

4/16/2010 11:43:11 AM: Cannot open database "Lansweeper32" requested by the login. The login failed.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

4/16/2010 12:48:21 PM: Cannot open database "Lansweeper32" requested by the login. The login failed.

4/16/2010 2:02:36 PM: Stopping service

8 REPLIES 8
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
I suppose it's very possible since I just triggered a scan on the last machine shown and it pulled back the correct date and time; I then triggered a scan on another machine and the console showed the 2nd machine I scanned.
I guess I am all set, thank you for your help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It is possible that at some time the date was not set correctly of the server.
This might have caused the "future" date in the lastseen field.

The lastseen field shows the highest date found in the database.

The quickest way to solve it would be to lstrigger the affected machine.
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
That might be the case, the the web console still shows that invalid date and the same machine name for the 'Last Seen:' (see the first image I've attached, the only thing which has changed is the 'Scans:' count)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The total computers processed looks like it's scanning again?
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, SQLExpress and the Lansweeper service/server are on the same box.
I don't see an option here to attach an image, here's the text on the screen:

"Congratulations, your lansweeper service is running

Premium version - Active scanning enabled

Total computers processed: 77

In queue 0 In process 1 Threads running 1
nchws28
NCHWS28
"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the SQL server on the same machine as the scanning server?
Could you post a screenshot of http://127.0.0.1:9524
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
There are information entries in the event viewer related to SQL but no errors
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you see any errors in the eventviewer related to sql server?