cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twnadmin
Engaged Sweeper
I've installed Lan Sweeper on a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 machine, however when go to view the site I see the output below. Also, upon having my DBA look at the database there are no tables created - which explains the error below. However, neither my DBA or I understand why no tables are being created. We're running SQL 2005 as our DB. Any suggestions would be helpful.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
2 REPLIES 2
twnadmin
Engaged Sweeper
I've attached the install log. Also, my DBA wasn't sure if he needed to create the DB or if the application would do it. So, we tried both ways. When we first went through setup we pointed the app to our SQL 2005 server but it said something like, "Lan Sweeper database not found." Our DBA then tried creating the DB manually, and the installer went past the point where it couldn't find the DB and even completed. However, there were no tables created.

Thank you for your help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post the installer log please (it's in the lansweeper folder)