cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Lansweeper Team,

Q1. I would like to know if there would be any issues if i installed lansweeper and share point services 3.0 on the same server.

Q2. I would like to do a fresh install of SQL 2008 R2 and then install lansweeper and then sharepoint services. Is there a detailed step by step process of installation SQL 2008 R2 and Lansweeper?

Thanks,
Moss
7 REPLIES 7
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
You are humorous..........:) Thanks for all your support...This can now be moved to solved topics.

Kind Regards,
Moss
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you so much. I will be eagerly waiting for this feature...any idea on when would be Version 5 be available. Approximate time frame.

Kind Regards,
Moss
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
moss wrote:
Thank you so much. I will be eagerly waiting for this feature...any idea on when would be Version 5 be available. Approximate time frame.

When it's done 😉
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Admin,

Any updates or feedback on this. I would love to hear some news about the possibility.

Thanks,
Moss
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for clearing that up.

Last question:

Q: Is there a feature in the current version or in the next release of lansweeper that can allow only a read only copy of the console for certain users. Example lets say I use lansweeper for maintaining assets, when a user is given permission to login to the webconsole and selects custom fields, they should be only be able to read it not change any information into that. This also applies to may be adding a new devices, they should not be able to add devices unless they have permissions.

Login as Admin: Has full access to the webconsole and can edit details and add new devices.
Login as User: can see details but cant edit any information.

Is this possible ? If this can be done that will be so awsome ?

Many Thanks,
Moss
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
moss wrote:

Q: Is there a feature in the current version or in the next release of lansweeper that can allow only a read only copy of the console for certain users. Example lets say I use lansweeper for maintaining assets, when a user is given permission to login to the webconsole and selects custom fields, they should be only be able to read it not change any information into that. This also applies to may be adding a new devices, they should not be able to add devices unless they have permissions.

Role based access will be in version 5.0
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) make sure the websites run on a different port (or use IIS express for lansweeper)
2) Install sql 2008 R2, then run the lansweeper setup and point it to the sql 2008 R2 database server.