→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDizzle
Engaged Sweeper II
I am new to LS and we have version 5 and I have been looking at the various reports.

I have no SQL skills at all.

I need a report that I can use to show All Software Installed include Publisher, the IP Location, Last Seen, First Name and Last Name and sorted by IP Located.

Any Help on generating such a report would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
RDizzle
Engaged Sweeper II
I will let you know how we get on.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The latest Lansweeper version is 5.0.0.52.
RDizzle
Engaged Sweeper II
Which is the current version please
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You are using an old Lansweeper version. Could you please update to the latest one. None of your data will be deleted. Update instructions can be found on page 164 and beyond of our online documentation.

Reports run much more quickly in the latest version.
RDizzle
Engaged Sweeper II
It says. 5.0.0.41

If you are going to suggest a version revision update, my techies were happy moving to this version in Dec 2012. They had to re map a lot of the data to display it as we want, unless they didn't do it correctly.

It owuld be easier for me if you could provide me with a script, for which I can just updat ethe item of Software, I saw something posted historically where someone wanted to see the IP Address location name for the asset but all needed in addtion is to see who was the last person logged on, which shows up nicely in my excel export from Lansweeper console.
RDizzle
Engaged Sweeper II
2000 Assets in Total, 1000 PC's Laptops and Servers I want to report on. Having copied the SQL script provided the report shows just over 40,000.00 entries I presume that it has attempted to read and pull back, which I presume includes every items of Software per item. Say if a PC has 40 different items of software, the report shows 40 enties for the asset.

If I click on the report it runs for a while then times out with an Out of memory message and an displays the just some of the items it has been able to display so far. and what I mean by dulicates is the 40 lines fo Software listed agianst the asset number.

I hope that makes sense.

So what I would like to do is to be able to use the same code but just be able to edit it for the piece of software I require as a given time. If that makes sense.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
RDizzle wrote:
Say if a PC has 40 different items of software, the report shows 40 enties for the asset.

This is expected behavior. SQL queries return data this way.

RDizzle wrote:
If I click on the report it runs for a while then times out with an Out of memory message

Could you check which Lansweeper version number is listed under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Your License. Most likely you are using an old 5.0 version. We introduced paging a while back to prevent memory problems.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The report should run fine and not produce duplicates. How many assets are in your database?
RDizzle
Engaged Sweeper II
Ok, maybe I was being a little to ambitious it took ages to run and timed out and returned to many duplicate entries that I was expecting.

Maybe I need to move it limit the search criteria where I can enter/edit the product name or even limit it to Micro soft products only in this instance

Attached it how I would like the report to look, and I have only chose Microsoft access in this instance.

Assetname Domain IP Location Software First Name Last Name Lastseen
Uktrt-wksd1381 EMEA-AD Enfield Microsoft Access 97 John Doe 2013-2-13 09:18
Uktrt-wksd1724 EMEA-AD Glasgow Microsoft Access 97 Jane Doe 2013-2-21 14:06
Uktrt-wksd1745 EMEA-AD Exeter Microsoft Access 97 Fred Bloggs 2013-2-21 14:01
Uktrt-wksd1748 EMEA-AD Glasgow Microsoft Access 97 2013-2-21 14:06
Uktrt-wksd1779 EMEA-AD Enfield Microsoft Access 97 2013-2-21 14:05
Uktrt-wksd1783 EMEA-AD Hebburn Microsoft Access 97 2013-2-21 14:07
Uktrt-wksd1789 EMEA-AD Tinsley Microsoft Access 97 2013-2-21 14:06
Uktrt-wksd1793 EMEA-AD Tinsley Microsoft Access 97 2013-2-21 14:03
Uktrt-wksd1795 EMEA-AD Enfield Microsoft Access 97 2013-2-21 14:04