cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
LanSweeper only seems to accept that servers are running "Windows 2003" (or 2008 etc...). We have a lot of Linux servers as well. How can we see the linux servers when we click on "all servers"? Is there some setting somewhere that can be changed or added to? I've had no luck finding a way to do it.

The only way I can see to segregate my servers from common devices or workstations is by manually creating an IP Range Location by putting in the IP address of each and every server. Well, we have a TON of servers and they are not "together" in a subnet so that I can just add a range.
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Mac and Linux support will definitely be expanded in Lansweeper version 5.0. More info will be scanned for these machines as well.
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
Thanks, good to know it is at least being considered. I think it's important when you consider that there are MANY servers (computers) running Linux operating systems.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Linux machines are currently considered "devices" in Lansweeper and cannot be moved to the computer category. The only way to put Linux machines in a category with computers is through IP Range Locations, as you've mentioned.

This issue will be addressed in Lansweeper version 5.0, which will merge all computers and devices into a single "asset" category. We do not yet have a release date for this version.