→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Analogue
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

We are currently evaluating Lansweeper and other solutions for our outsourced IT business.

Problem with most solutions is they are Windows centric, not much on the Mac side at all.

As most of our support base is on Mac, behind multiple firewalls, in multiple locations, ssh scanning via server is not really an option for us.

So question is this-
Can anyone provider the ssh script or commands that currently get the info over port 22?

Ideally I would like to load up a shell script on each Mac, scan to local file and upload to server.

Or is there any other way I can push data from over 200 Mac's?

Thanks
Ed
5 REPLIES 5
Analogue
Engaged Sweeper
I am doing it via system profiler too...so no way to feed the server with this info?

Any plans to write a Mac agent?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Analogue wrote:
I am doing it via system profiler too...so no way to feed the server with this info?

You would have to write your own custom database scripts to import the data. If you write the data to a file and attempt to import it by placing the file in the Import folder, the Lansweeper service won't know how to read it.

Analogue wrote:
Any plans to write a Mac agent?

This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.
Analogue
Engaged Sweeper
Can you tell me what the ssh scanning by IP does when it finds an open port 22? What terminal commands it runs to extract the info?

80% of our client sites have a Mac or NAS server, not Windows, so using the Enterprise version will not work to report back to main server.

I can write shell scripts to extract the required info from each Mac, but I am looking to find out how I can get that info back to the server in our data centre.

Is there any method or facility to do this?

Send email or upload to ftp folder on the Lansweeper server?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Analogue wrote:
I can write shell scripts to extract the required info from each Mac, but I am looking to find out how I can get that info back to the server in our data centre. Is there any method or facility to do this?

No, this is simply not possible, as the Lansweeper service won't know how to read your files. We would have to implement our own Mac scanning agent, which would scan your Mac computers locally and store the data according to Lansweeper standards.

Lansweeper pulls most Mac data from System Profiler.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Non-Windows machines can only be scanned through IP Address Range Scanning. A scanning agent currently only exists for Windows computers, not for Mac computers.

Note that, if you own a Lansweeper Enterprise license, you can set up local scanning servers in your various sites that report back to a central database.