cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

With the release of Lansweeper 8.4 back in May, we also implemented some critical backend changes. This re-architecture of the synchronization process is required to further develop, streamline and grow the platform. But this also means that we’ll have to deprecate the old method on July 1, 2021.

Getting Ready for Expansion

While there were many reasons as to why we wanted to implement these backend changes there are three major reasons why we had to implement these improvements.

Performance

From our internal testing, it was clear that pushing high amounts of data through the initial implementation of the synchronization process had its limits.

Scalability

Related to performance is also scalability. The lack of performance was one of the things that made scalability a bigger problem than it should be. Aside from performance, we’ve also taken additional measures to ensure that scaling into the future will be much easier.

Technology

The initial backend relied mostly on services provided by one technology vendor. While this is sometimes more convenient, we want to ensure that the platform is not dependent on one single technology vendor or cloud hosting service.

Lansweeper Version 8.4 Requirement

To be able to move forward and expanding the IT Asset Data Platform, it means we have to end support for the old synchronization method on July 1, 2021, and your installation will no longer synchronize with the platform.

To ensure that your synchronization with the IT Asset Data Platform continues, you’ll have to make sure you update your installations linked before that day. You can download the latest version here.

Installations updated after July 1, 2021, will have to restart their synchronization process completely.

4 REPLIES 4
david_moon
Engaged Sweeper II

HI @EsbenD - When is managing assets expected to be available?

We are running LS 9.1.30.1 (upgrading to 9.1.14 this weekend).

The team was excited that 2-way sync was available, and disappointed to learn that it still doesn’t apply to editing assets. We have multiple scan servers and databases and LS Cloud is critical for simplification.

Message Displayed when hovering over the Pencil Icon in app.lansweeper.com
> This action isn’t available yet in the cloud console. In the meantime, you can perform this action using your local web console.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Unfortautnely, I don’t have an ETA on that. I can only see that it is unlikely to be available before the summer if I look at what has been planned for release.

steveb
Champion Sweeper

Is there an ETA on when the ADP is no longer read only for us hybrid users?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

This will coincide with our next bigger on-prem release (8.4.1) since there are dependencies. Unfortuantely, I can’t give a fixed date since it changes almost weekly because there are so many parts that need to all be ready for a release.

I’d say soon, but that doesn’t mean anything so I’ll say before the end of summer, if all goes well sooner