cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flemming_jul
Engaged Sweeper II
Dear Team

I am trying to add a specific software to the License Tracking. I can see it on the various reports showing all software, but I cant find it on the list when I click "Add New License" in Software License Tracking under Configuration. Neither by scrolling the list of available software or by searching. Is that a common problem ?

/Flemming
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
License compliance can only be configured manually. If an "incorrect" software package is listed under a license item, someone manually added that software package to the license item.

You can track software that hasn't been installed yet by submitting a random software package for license compliance and changing the software name afterwards.
flemming_jul
Engaged Sweeper II
You were absolutely right. The software was part of another licensing, by error. Actually I found a lot of software grouped incorrectly under various licenses(groups)

Why have the system put those software in incorrect groups?

Also would like a feature to be able to put software into the system, even if it is not installed. Sometimes we buy softwarewhich is not going to be installed at first, but it would be nice to place it into the inventory. Sometimes the software is on devices which will not be scanned, but we still want to keep track of our purchases !?

/Flemming
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is it possible that the software package is already part of another license item? If so, it won't show up in the software list anymore.

If not, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Configuration\Scanning Setup\Your License.
- Lansweeper webpage of one machine that has the software installed. Show us the Software section of the machine's Lansweeper webpage.
- The search you're performing under Configuration\License Compliance\License Tracking.