cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drlord
Engaged Sweeper
I installed the premium version last week and have not been able to get active scanning to work. My error log looks like this:

12/18/2008 3:57:32 PM : Stopping service

12/18/2008 3:57:33 PM : Database connection successful, starting up service

12/18/2008 3:57:33 PM : Active scanning enabled

12/18/2008 3:57:33 PM
GetReplicaList 00-------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/18/2008 4:12:33 PM
GetReplicaList 00-------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/18/2008 4:27:34 PM
12/18/2008 4:42:34 PM

Looks like its working, but alas...no data. I did notice that the lssqluser32 account in SQL has no active permissions on the lansweeper32 database (although its a db_owner). Should this account have permissions to the database objects? The dbo account does.

Thanks in advance - Don
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There are some examples to use lsclient in the loginscript in the documentation and on the forums.
drlord
Engaged Sweeper
You are correct, there are errors. But surprisingly none from the DC's at our location. Most look to be replication errors (and some time issues). I'm discouraged but not beaten...yet.

If push comes to shove, we can always load LSClient through the login script and run it daily.

Any suggestions with incorporating it into our login script?

Don
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you use the "/q" option with dcdiag it only shows the errors and warning.
If you do a "dcdiag /e /q" on your top domain controller ideally the output should be blank
drlord
Engaged Sweeper
I can run an LSClient from a system and have it inventory. If I run an LSTrigger from the host server, it will not work. I'm reviewing the dcdiag output now.

Don
drlord
Engaged Sweeper
I'm checking on the other things but did you want me to check on the Lansweeper server or our local DC to see if the .net framework is updated (on the lansweeper server both 2.0 and 3.0 are fully updated)

Don
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
drlord wrote:
I'm checking on the other things but did you want me to check on the Lansweeper server or our local DC to see if the .net framework is updated (on the lansweeper server both 2.0 and 3.0 are fully updated)

Don

No, only the dotnet framework on the server where the lansweeper service is running.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- Are you able to do scanning without active scanning using lsclient?
- The database connection and permission seems ok.
- What is your network setup (windows 2003 forest?, ...)

From what I can find this is an error connecting to one of the global catalog servers.
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=97966

1) make sure that you have the latest servicepacks of the dotnet framework. (windows update should do the trick)
2) do a "dcdiag /e /q" on your forest to make sure that active directory is working properly.