cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ik
Engaged Sweeper
Hello all!
I have a slight issue. I will need to uninstall Microsoft office 2k7 and 2k10 from multiple machines on a domain.
When I look at the original command "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall STANDARD /dll OSETUP.DLL
I noticed there is no quiet uninstall command. Or any other parameters that I may need.
Is there an alternate command for this particular product. I'm also having trouble finding additional parameters off of basic sites. I never tried it remotely so this is new to me but will make life easier if I can get this to work through lansweeper.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If a custom installer fails to uninstall, you are using incorrect parameters. You will need to research the correct parameters online. (In some cases, no parameters are available.) We cannot help you with this.
ik
Engaged Sweeper
Is there a way for lansweeper to tell me what I'm doing wrong? It doesnt do anything with the parameters I have. And Microsoft said to contact you. LOL

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are looking at the software package in the Uninstall Software tool, the icon in front of the package indicates whether it's an MSI or custom installer. Little brown box = custom installer. Microsoft products are not necessarily MSI packages.
ik
Engaged Sweeper
Not sure how its custom its really just a regular installation of Office.

But....
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
An "MSI package" is not a "custom installer". "MSI packages" and "custom installers" are two different types of software packages.
- MSI package: does NOT require additional parameters for uninstallation.
- Custom installer: DOES require additional parameters for uninstallation.

If you are trying to uninstall a custom installer, you will need to research any available parameters online. We can't really help you with this.
ik
Engaged Sweeper
And you are correct it is a MSI package/custom installer. What I need help in is where to research for the additional parameters when uninstalling. My keyword searches are:
"additional parameters for uninstalling office 2k7 silently"
Here is a couple articles I found which were not related.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc982159%28office.12%29.aspx#BKMK_UninstallProd
And http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178956.aspx

Which both seem non-related. I figure there was a .xml file for configurations for uninstalling and installing silently - but not what Im looking for since that is usually for remote setup from WMIC tools - we are just looking to uninstall the software on an end-users workstation without disrupting their workflow.

I then tried to do a keyword search for: "Office 2007 documentation" - no luck - this just gets me to silly technet sites that doesnt fully answer my question - basically I would need to find just a PDF or something that may contain notes on the additional parameters I need.

Then I tried searching by typing in "microsoft office 2007 uninstall silent parameters"
This is the closest I found to answering my question.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/setup-command-line-switches-for-the-2007-office-system-HA0101...

I tried the following:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall STANDARD /dll OSETUP.DLL /admin
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall STANDARD /dll OSETUP.DLL /x

The other thing is there is many .xml configuration files that need to be modified. (config.xml, setup.xml, etc...)

What I need is just some insight of what I'm doing wrong or someone out there in these forums and give me a link to better understanding on how parameters work when uninstalling MSI files. Being older EOL software finding specific documentation for 2k7 is daunting. I've never done this really before (uninstalling MSI) packages - and lansweeper doesnt seem to give me a log or any sign of it giving me errors or log file to look at - basically just doesnt do anything after clicking ok.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The icon next to the software package indicates whether it is an MSI package or a customer installer. Custom installers require additional parameters for uninstallation. We recommend performing a search online for any parameters that may be available.