cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
basically after the update, any of the software reports show this:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Syntax error converting the varchar value 'CABARNES' to a column of data type int.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRowChunk(SchemaMapping mapping, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable)
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()

other than that, 4.0 is awesome so far. going to take a while to get used to the layout, but it's awesome
9 REPLIES 9
ADMIN_ASL
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I have the same problem after updating now.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ADMIN_ASL wrote:
Hi,
I have the same problem after updating now.

Please mail us and provide your install.log file.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please mail us at lansweeper@hemoco.com to assist you with the problem.
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
well, i'll try that, but even when i drill down to a computer that does exist, and go to the software report tab it shows the same error but with the selected computer's name in it instead of the cabarnes
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
no that's an old (non existent at this point) computer name, if i drill down to an existing computer and click on the software report just for that machine i get the same result

this was in an in place upgrade as well. followed the standard upgrade steps etc..

as far as the database....not specifically but i don't know what i'm looking for, not a DBA
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
DSenette wrote:
no that's an old (non existent at this point) computer name, if i drill down to an existing computer and click on the software report just for that machine i get the same result

this was in an in place upgrade as well. followed the standard upgrade steps etc..

as far as the database....not specifically but i don't know what i'm looking for, not a DBA

Could you try removing this machine from the database, see if it's fixed and rescan it afterwards?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is this the only page which problems?

is 'CABARNES' the name of a server?
Do you see anything special in the database for this server?
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
nope...this is from the software overview on the dashboard
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is this one of the custom reports you created?
If yes, please post the sql source.