cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinstrup
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

Just upgraded to v. 4.0, and am happy with the overall improvements.
I do have a problem, though, with the search bar in the top section of the main window (where it says "search the Lansweeper database")

Are there any requirements in terms of syntax/semantics for entering search strings? No matter what I enter (users, pcs, etc...) it shows "Results for search "what-ever-search-string" - 0 items found.

I have verified and validated that the strings actually do exist in the database, and also shows up in relevant reports.

?

Brgds. Henrik
14 REPLIES 14
vinstrup
Engaged Sweeper
Problem solved by backing up the database, installing from scratch (with the default Latin1_General_CI_AI collation), restore the database to a different name, and import data...

Not pretty, but it works.

Thanks for your help - without it, we would not have come this far.

vinstrup
Engaged Sweeper
We're looking into doing a new installation of the complete tool (including a new database)

Would there be any chance of modifying the installation scripts, so that it creates with collation Latin1_General_CI_AS, instead of Latin1_General_CI_AI?

I guess it would be sufficient to modify the createdatabase.sql script?

It's OK if we need to change by hand during the installation process, but we can also run all scripts by hand, if necessary..
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
vinstrup wrote:

Would there be any chance of modifying the installation scripts, so that it creates with collation Latin1_General_CI_AS, instead of Latin1_General_CI_AI?

Don't do this.
It will break searching for users with accents in their name.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In a new installation all fields are "Latin1_General_CI_AI"

One of the fields in your old version is most likely "Latin1_General_CI_AS"
I'm guessing it's in table "tbladusers"
vinstrup
Engaged Sweeper
This message shows up...

Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure web40Quicksearch, Line 5
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AI" and "Latin1_General_CI_AS" in the UNION operation.

.. which would explain why the procedure was not created.. Any ideas?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try running script "procedures.sql" in the SQL scripts folder.

Possibly something went wrong with the upgrade.
vinstrup
Engaged Sweeper
That would be difficult, as it's not there

There are loads of other web40.... stored procedures though.

DB-update script forgot something or ?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you manually try to run stored procedure "web40Quicksearch", this is the query that generates the output
vinstrup
Engaged Sweeper
Running the suggested below produces a blank page.. (using Firebug shows litterally nothing in both head and body)

Could it be ASP-version / settings on the web-server?