→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dheiney
Engaged Sweeper
I attempted the upgrade this evening, luckily w/ a snapshot on the virtual server. The upgrade went through 100%, looked good and did not fail. However once it was done and I brought up the web console, I get a missing stored procedure. I looked int the SQL, and can find a lot of dbo.web30 stuff, but no web40 stuff. Any ideas? We have reverted our snapshot, so our system is back to 3.6, but I can reattempt the upgrade.

--
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.web40totaldomain'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable)
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
18 REPLIES 18
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BenKnox wrote:
I also just still see web30 procedures so it's probably the same issue.
Sorry to be a pain but would you be able to give me an idea of how to manually run the script? 🙂

Thanks

Open SQL server management studio (if you don't have it it's a free download)
Connect to the server, open the script and run it.
airdih
Engaged Sweeper
Where do I get this script? All I have is the installer for version 4...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
airdih wrote:
Where do I get this script? All I have is the installer for version 4...

After the installation it is in folder lansweeper\sql scripts.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you open the sql server management console and try to run script "upgradescript1.sql" manually
BenKnox
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

The same thing happened to me. I ran the setup and the upgrade appeared to work. But when i open the web console it displays with all these errors like the ones above.

This is the start of it.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.web40totaldomain'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

I will upload my installer log, any help would be appreciated.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you check: the installer renamed the database to "lansweeperdb"
Do you see the web40 procedures there?
airdih
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
Could you check: the installer renamed the database to "lansweeperdb"
Do you see the web40 procedures there?

The database HAS BEEN renamed.
I only see web30 procedures...
airdih
Engaged Sweeper
HI!

I just tried to upgrade, and got the same error. I attached the install.log and a printscreen of an error i got at the end of installation.
Furthermore, I now cannot access my SQL Database like before via windows autethication with domain admin account.

Please help!

Regards
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please post your install.log file