cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dheiney
Engaged Sweeper
I attempted the upgrade this evening, luckily w/ a snapshot on the virtual server. The upgrade went through 100%, looked good and did not fail. However once it was done and I brought up the web console, I get a missing stored procedure. I looked int the SQL, and can find a lot of dbo.web30 stuff, but no web40 stuff. Any ideas? We have reverted our snapshot, so our system is back to 3.6, but I can reattempt the upgrade.

--
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.web40totaldomain'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable)
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
18 REPLIES 18
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It looks like you ran the script on the already failed upgrade database
"There is already an object named 'tsysASServers' in the database."

Run the script on the original database.
BenKnox
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
It looks like you ran the script on the already failed upgrade database
"There is already an object named 'tsysASServers' in the database."

Run the script on the original database.

Thanks. The original database backup was corrupted, so i've just decided to install it from scratch. Seems like it is up and running now.
BenKnox
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I ran the upgradescript1 and just got a bunch of errors.
I will attach the errors i got what running upgradescript1, aswell as my install log and error log.
If you could take a quick look it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The "restore-db-script" is what it should be.
The errors about indexes can be ignored.

The only problem is this one :
Attempt to fetch logical page (1:2438) in database 5 failed. It belongs to allocation unit 72057594049855488 not to 72057594047692800.

This looks like a corrupt database.
dheiney
Engaged Sweeper
I just re-attempted the upgrade with the same results. I then attempted the install-db upgrade with it's service account. Attached is the install.log.

Then I ran the upgradesql1 script (don't have the exact name in front of me.) It dumped a bunch of errors. It was run both under my account and the service account, both of which are db_owners for the lansweeperdb database. results attached.

Then, thinking I had DB corruption, restore the DB from a SQL backup, and ran the script again. and Results attached.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
airdih
Engaged Sweeper
oh, ok then. I hope this will fix our problem. I'll let you know when it's finished.

Thanks
airdih
Engaged Sweeper
How long should it take to execute this script. I started this more than one hour ago and it's still running...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
airdih wrote:
How long should it take to execute this script. I started this more than one hour ago and it's still running...

Depending on the size of your database it can take a long time (several hours)
BenKnox
Engaged Sweeper
I also just still see web30 procedures so it's probably the same issue.
Sorry to be a pain but would you be able to give me an idea of how to manually run the script? 🙂

Thanks