cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm sure there is an easy fix for this, but I'm no scriptor and can't find the answer...when running either the unlock.vbs or changepassword.vbs, we get the attached error. Help?
18 REPLIES 18
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
any updates on how to resolve the comma in the CN?
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
When I originally started this post, the user in question had not logged onto the domain so LS did not have any info in its db regarding the user. We since logged that account onto a machine and forced a scan of that pc. The CN is now correctly generated. However, as stated in previous post, that account is a 'resource' account, not a true user. We have since tested the script on our actual users and run into the 'comma' issue. See attachment for actual script LS is going to run. In order to work correctly, I think the script needs to read: "CN=test\, deditsd,OU={rest of CN}"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post the correct cn name and the one lansweeper generates so we can fix this.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
I believe the error we were getting above was specific to that account--for some reason it is not generating the CN correctly for it(this particular account is used for resources only, not a true user). However, I tested further on some of our other user accounts and get a different error-->due to the fact that our accounts have a "," in the CN, as in "LASTname, FIRSTname". Is there an easy way to adjust the script to accommodate our user names? I think we need to incorporate the "\" in front of the "," as discussed here:
http://blogs.technet.com/heyscriptingguy/archive/2004/11/05/how-can-i-work-with-a-cn-that-has-a-comma-in-it.aspx
comatose
Engaged Sweeper
we get another error msg from a Windows 7 workstation :

Script: \\%lansweeperserver%\unlock.vbs
Line: 3
Char: 2
Error: A referral was returned from the server.
Code: 8007202B
Source: (null)

Running the script with same user from the lansweeperserver itself works fine.

Any idea?
comatose wrote:
we get another error msg from a Windows 7 workstation :

Script: \\%lansweeperserver%\unlock.vbs
Line: 3
Char: 2
Error: A referral was returned from the server.
Code: 8007202B
Source: (null)

Running the script with same user from the lansweeperserver itself works fine.

Any idea?

any idea how I can configure IE8 to cope with this VBS file?
On the lansweeperserver the script works correctly, not on a client which is not in the same domain as the pc's, servers & users...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
comatose wrote:
any idea how I can configure IE8 to cope with this VBS file?
On the lansweeperserver the script works correctly, not on a client which is not in the same domain as the pc's, servers & users...

The account that is logged on should have administrative permissions in active directory.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes...the user can unlock the account and reset the password using normal AD tools.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the user running the script an administrator?