cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nolicence
Engaged Sweeper
our network include a big software library. when I open cofiguration console and choose one network user, I can just see the microsoft licence keys not any other. why?? I need the key overview of all software products in our network.

can you give me a idea of possibility how I can solve this problem?

thank you very much

ps: I have already studied the documentary but can`t find the solution
8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Product keys are not taken into account for license compliance management. License compliance and product key scanning are completely separate from one another. For info on how license compliance works, please refer to page 69 and beyond of our online documentation.
nolicence
Engaged Sweeper
I have a last question for this topic:

I see at "lansweeper configuration->scanned keys" some software products which in the "lansweeper webconsole->licence compliance overview" are not included. whats the reason for? it can be possible that this software products block the scanning process?

example of the software:

adobe indesign cs II
adobe premiere pro
tuneup 2006-2007
zone alarm
winamp 5
autocad 2000-2008

nolicence
Engaged Sweeper
sorry for the duplication!
thx for nice help!
nolicence
Engaged Sweeper
lansweeper can`t recognize the key`s of framemaker, adobe photoshop, jasc paint shop, autodesk, winzip, winrar, snagit 6-8, symantec pcanywhere - what`s the reason?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
nolicence wrote:
lansweeper can`t recognize the key`s of framemaker, adobe photoshop, jasc paint shop, autodesk, winzip, winrar, snagit 6-8, symantec pcanywhere - what`s the reason?

A number of these keys are in fact scanned. Please have a look at the information in our previous post. A list of scanned product keys can be found in the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Options\Product Keys.

If a key you are after is not included in this list, that means we have not been able to track down a registry location for it. These keys may in fact not be stored in the machine's registry, making it impossible to scan them.
nolicence
Engaged Sweeper
thx for the very fast answer and assisting!

- some of licences have are timelimited: it`s posible to see in lansweeper when the licence go to end of this temporary licence? and show me the kind of warning?

- some of licence keys are not detected (adobe photoshop, winzip, winrar, jasc paint shop, lotus notes). what`s the reason? can I add manually this keys?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
nolicence wrote:
- some of licences have are timelimited: it`s posible to see in lansweeper when the licence go to end of this temporary licence? and show me the kind of warning?

This is not currently possible. This information cannot be scanned and cannot currently be manually submitted.

nolicence wrote:
- some of licence keys are not detected (adobe photoshop, winzip, winrar, jasc paint shop, lotus notes). what`s the reason? can I add manually this keys?

A list of scanned product keys (and product IDs) can be found in the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Options\Product Keys.
- If the product keys you are after are included in this list, please ensure that your computers have recently been (successfully) scanned in order to detect these keys. The “last seen” date listed for your computers should be recent.
- If the product keys you are after are not included in this list, you can submit additional registry locations for scanning. We have not been able to track down product key locations beyond what is listed in the configuration console however.

License compliance will be expanded in Lansweeper version 5.0, allowing you to manually add license keys and expiration dates to the database. Lansweeper 5.0 is currently in development and we expect to have a beta release ready by October.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
nolicence wrote:
when I open cofiguration console and choose one network user, I can just see the microsoft licence keys not any other

Could you clarify which section of the configuration console you are accessing. To view a license key list in the configuration console, you should double-click on the built-in report "License: Software licensekey overview" found under Reports & Alerts\Report Builder.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now