cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
Greetings!

I have followed the instructions: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx

but I have a problem cause it does not work.

1. In our AD, made a new group called ITsth and put members there
2. On server where Lansweeper is installed I have edited
web config file and put

<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<identity impersonate="true" />
<authorization>
<allow roles="OURDOMAIN\ITsth" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>

3. I saw that server where lansweeper is installed did not have IIS installed so I added WEB server role on server.

4. In IIS settings I have enabled IIS authentication.
5. I have created new application Pool, choosen classic and opened advanced settings, but I dont have any bidings parameter there. I'm using IIS 7.

If I open Lansweeper web console I receive an error:
Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us by e-mail for this problem.
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
Greetings!
Thank you for your reply.
I have disabled anonymous authentication, restarted IIS and restarted Lansweeper server and Lansweeper web service, but i still receive an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

Question:
As I have mentioned before I don't have any binding settings available in classic pool. Lansweeper server has been installed on this server even before IIS was installed on it, maybe here is the root of the problem?

How can I trace logs for this event?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you also disable anonymous authentication?