desai_amogh
Engaged Sweeper

Get this error when tested connection.

DNS test
-----------------------------------------------
Is this the correct remote IP: 192.168.1.46
If not, please check for DNS problems

\root\cimv2 Remote WMI access test FAILED
The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

Remote WMI test
\root\cimv2 Remote WMI access test FAILED

Remote Registry test using WMI
\root\default Remote WMI access test FAILED

Remote Control gives below error

Please note I have shared the lansweeper$ with Everyone for read and execute access. and I am accessing Lansweeper from domain\administrator.

6 REPLIES 6
pjtech
Engaged Sweeper
I have not been able to get the remote uninstall feature to work, and that is when all the WMI tests are passing. I have only tested it on an XP machine however, and we use kaspersky here as well, but not the firewall component. I did not receive any error messages that the uninstall failed. That feature has been very important to me so I have not said anything before. Sorry I am not any real help on this issue.

I do know that to get the WMI scanning to work I applied these firewall rules, not all of them are specific to lansweeper but I believe that last 3 or 4 are.

netsh firewall set service REMOTEDESKTOP ENABLE ALL
netsh firewall set service FILEANDPRINT ENABLE ALL
netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable
call netsh firewall add portopening protocol=tcp port=135 name=DCOM_TCP135
call netsh firewall add allowedprogram program=%windir%\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe name=WMI
call netsh firewall add allowedprogram program=%windir%\system32\dllhost.exe name=Dllhost
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pjtech wrote:
I have not been able to get the remote uninstall feature to work, and that is when all the WMI tests are passing. I have only tested it on an XP machine however, and we use kaspersky here as well, but not the firewall component. I did not receive any error messages that the uninstall failed.

Do you get this with an MSI package or another installer?
Non msi packages will probably need extra parameters to uninstall silently (depending on the vendor)
desai_amogh
Engaged Sweeper
I today tried connecting without the kaspersky firewall (i.e. kaspersky AV completely off) still getting the same error.
desai_amogh
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, I followed that, We have turned Windows Firewall off on all machines and use Kaspersky Antivirus. I have opened TCP and UDP 135 and added "%windir%\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe name=WMI" and "%windir%\system32\dllhost.exe name=Dllhost" to the trusted Zone.
desai_amogh wrote:
Hi, I followed that, We have turned Windows Firewall off on all machines and use Kaspersky Antivirus. I have opened TCP and UDP 135 and added "%windir%\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe name=WMI" and "%windir%\system32\dllhost.exe name=Dllhost" to the trusted Zone.

Did you try with disabling Kaspersky firewall completely?
How many workstations are affected by this problem.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
For the RPC problem, see this link: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/The-RPC-server-is-unavailable.aspx