cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcrucitti
Engaged Sweeper II

I am trying to execute a windows update deploy and i'm getting this error

Method not found: 'System.Security.Principal.WindowsImpersonationContext System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.Impersonate()'

Server: 11.1.1.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lansweeper support has confirmed that this is a known bug in v11.1.1.3. In their words:

This is a known issue, and it has been escalated to our development team as a bug. A fix for it will be in a future release. Unfortunately, there is no estimated release date. We recommend checking our changelog when a new version is released to ensure this fix is included (LAN-15899). You can enable the update check in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Your Lansweeper License to be notified of any new releases.

You can find our changelog here: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx

No other information seems to be forthcoming, so I guess the options are to attempt a rollback, or wait for the next release that will hopefully address the issues.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
erling_AK
Engaged Sweeper II

We have upgraded our servers to 11.1.3.0.
It seems that problem in particulary has been solved for us.

Florian_Eigsi
Engaged Sweeper III

Do you still have this problem ? Server : 11.1.2.1

Do you have this king of error message ?

Florian_Eigsi_0-1700045479635.png

I run the same package after this message and it's works

I have those issue since few weeks too, i think since upgrade 10.6.2.0 to 11.1.0.11.

The new branch is totally buggy

We also ended up restoring back to the previous 10.x version. We found some other bugs more related to scanning in the v11 releases, and have had confirmation that those have not been addressed in v11.1.2.1. We will be in no rush to jump on a v11 release; it seems to be a poorly executed release, and Lansweeper has not been terribly forthcoming about the issues or timeline for the overhaul it seems to require.

Hy Florian

I can't answer the question, we have restored our server. After 10 days there has still been no update and everything is at a standstill without deployment. An unacceptable situation

And I have the feeling that nobody here cares. Lansweeper is basically unusable. This normally has the highest priority.

This has all left a very negative impression on us.

We have already looked around for another product for deployment. It's not the first time that the server has been unusable.

I hope someone here reads this and agrees with me that it can't be that no update is coming to fix this massive error.

StillGoing
Engaged Sweeper III

We seem to be running into the same issue this week, after that same update (which appears to be really, really buggy). We've already confirmed one bug with support, but they haven't been much help other than saying its been passed on to development.

Has anyone open a support ticket on this yet?

BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III

does not sound good.
no i don't have one open yet. Could you?

StillGoing
Engaged Sweeper III

I will be opening a ticket. I'll update this post when I find out more.

Lansweeper support has confirmed that this is a known bug in v11.1.1.3. In their words:

This is a known issue, and it has been escalated to our development team as a bug. A fix for it will be in a future release. Unfortunately, there is no estimated release date. We recommend checking our changelog when a new version is released to ensure this fix is included (LAN-15899). You can enable the update check in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Your Lansweeper License to be notified of any new releases.

You can find our changelog here: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx

No other information seems to be forthcoming, so I guess the options are to attempt a rollback, or wait for the next release that will hopefully address the issues.

BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III

thank you I am only on Monday back in the office