cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlabriola
Engaged Sweeper
Hello. I'm testing a Citrix Receiver deployment. It uninstalls the Citrix Online plugin and installs the Citrix Receiver.

I have everything run silent
1. Online Plugin Check
2. Online Plugin Uninstall - "\\*ourfileserver*\Clients\Citrix\Receiver\ReceiverCleanupUtility.exe" /silent
3. Citrix Receiver Install - "\\*ourfileserver*\Clients\Citrix\Receiver\CitrixReceiverWeb.exe" /silent /includeSSON /AutoUpdateCheck=disabled /ALLOWADDSTORE=A /ALLOWSAVEPWD=A

Everything does what it should but a black CMD screen appears on the users screen. It has C:\Windows\LSDeployment\Remotedeployment_x64.exe in the top corner.

Just wondering if there is a way to stop that from popping up? It will stay on the screen until the deployment is finished. If the end user closes it, it looks like the deployment will fail.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can't specify what user to run a deployment as. Usually the system account should have sufficient permissions to do everything, although this obviously depends on your package. In your specific case it would seem that only the domain admin account has a permission which is required to run some part of the package.

I would recommend checking what step fails when you use the system account. As mentioned, the only way of deploying a package completely silent is by using the system account run mode.
dlabriola
Engaged Sweeper
This will only work if I run as "Currently Logged on user", however, it will only work if I am the currently logged on user. I am a domain admin. I've also tried running as our Scanning Credentials, which has similar rights as me, but it won't run. Does the scanning credentials user need to be part of a specific AD group for it to work? It works for other deployments, just not this on.

If I can run it as myself, that would be fine, but I don't see an option to run as another user. Select on deployment just uses the scanning credentials. Is there a way to run it as myself?

Thanks for the help.
dlabriola
Engaged Sweeper
I was using the currently logged on user mode, but I will try the other modes to see how they act.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Are you running the deployment using the system account run mode? If you use any other run mode the black command prompt will always be displayed.