cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mttmortensen
Engaged Sweeper II

Attempting to deploy a package to install the CrowdStrike Windows Sensor, however the machine receives the error below and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Is there a resource/documentation that will help go over these errors in detail? 

Preliminary checks unexpectedly failed! Credential: (DOMAIN\svclansweeper). ShareCredential: (lansweeper).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The ShareCredential is a separate account that accesses the share containing the applications/scripts. Lansweeper recommends only giving that account read-execute permissions. You can configure it in Deployment -> Security options.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II

I would definitely create a separate account for it. In our case, we created a domain user account that only has read-execute access on the share folder, it can't do anything else. 

Okay I actually found some areas where the incorrect shared location was used as well as the service account. We do have a service account for LS but the wrong was being used. I updated that and the shared location just now, I'm going to wait a second and see if that works now. Thank you for your help! 

KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II

Did you create a separate account for accessing the Lansweeper share (ShareCredential)? You don't have a domain listed for it, that could also be the problem. 

I didn't create it. I'm going to be honest, I'm still not sure what ShareCredential is doing? I did use the LS Connection tester to see if that would give me better answers and the only thing I can see is that it's missing the root/default Remote WMI path? But not sure if that really helps. 

The ShareCredential is a separate account that accesses the share containing the applications/scripts. Lansweeper recommends only giving that account read-execute permissions. You can configure it in Deployment -> Security options.

Is the ShareCred separate from service account then? The shared folder is showing that it has full control over it.