cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JannikMortensen
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi, 

Anyone knows if its currently possible to track Emission impact per device (laptop etc) in Lansweeper?

We are searching for some tool for this, but it only makes sense in my opinion to add that into our main inventory system (Lansweeper)

6 REPLIES 6
Casslloyd
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello @JannikMortensen  if you would be open to a call, this is a use case we would love to talk thru with you. We are exploring (early days) a couple of integrations with other software vendors who combined with Lansweeper could offer a total solution here. My work email is cassandra.lloyd@lansweeper.com if you would be open for a 20min call in the near future. 

IainCaldwell
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi

By emissions do you mean actual emission, and carbon footprint or is it just energy rating?

Interested to know if this is of interest to clients and in what form it would be required equally what drives the need e.g legislation etc.

We have done some research into energy ratings, but haven't moved forward with as we were unsure of demand...also we saw some challenges due to differing ratings per country as well as the rating system can change over time.

Any context would help

Cheers Iain

Hi,

There's definitely interest to clients, especially in Europe. We'd very much like to have this information in regards to ESG.

Any kind of progress to-date?

Thanks,

Ligia

rom
Champion Sweeper III

There's emissions for a laptop???  Dang I didn't know that.  Is there a database or data source that contains that information?  If you have the source data (lansweeper doesn't gather that), and it has make/model/emissiondata in it, you can use one of the 20 custom fields, select 'numeric' (if its a number obviously) and then you could update the database via SSIS, SQL Procedure that grabs the file, an ETL such as Rhapsody, whatever you have at your disposal...    where you'd set the custom field to the data you bring in, where the make/model match... 

JannikMortensen
Engaged Sweeper II

Well, Its regarding the Newer Environmental, social, and governance (ESG). Laptops doesn't run on diesel, agree 😉

But Emissions is the environmental Carbon footprint that each laptop, server, device cost to produce, and energy consumptions over time. We need to start measuring somehow, and most laptop producers already have these numbers ready. I think more of as we have the serial number in order to look up warranty information, the same could be done with the Environmental footprint. 

In EU the framework is still being developed, but one thing is for sure, we need to be ready sooner than later.

Thanks for the Suggestion, i will look into it. We have never added data to Lansweeper assets via SQL, but is there a how to / best practice? i would like to avoid that it breaks in a new update suddently.

rom
Champion Sweeper III

I totally forgot to add the disclaimer - it is not supported, and you are correct, an update in the future could very well break it.  My brain fixates on finding a solution, versus questioning if one should do that or not.  If you are not familiar with SQL, then yes, you increase the chances of messing something up.

I also forgot about the whole OT thing that lansweeper has now - I need to look into that.