cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LANWT
Engaged Sweeper

I have been looking through the furums and not quite finding the answers I am looking for.  First and foremost, can LsAgent be installed to report back directly to my LanSweeper server?  I have an IP/port that I can forward to my server.  I would rather not use the LanSweeper relay server.

What methods are there to push the agent to remote computers?  With all this post covid remote work, too often the laptops are not on the network when we scan.  I have seen a few articles about me having to create an msi.  Is that the best way to push it out?

Thanks,

Bob

7 REPLIES 7
Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Here's a KB article that talks about silent install. In this article it mentions the switches needed during the installation that can configure your server as the target. 

Silently installing LsAgent on Windows, Linux, Mac Scanning your network - Lansweeper Community

Scroll down the page to "LsAgent silent install parameters" section for the details. 

See if that gets you rolling. 😃 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

There are a few ways to deploy the agent. Of course, physically touching the system... which is difficult in your situation. 

You can also use Intune for deployment: Deploying LsAgent with Intune - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

You can also play with deploying via GPO. 

Another option is to put the installer on a network share and have your users install it. Granted, you may have issues with admin rights requirements, etc. If you go this route, might I suggest you let your users know you aren't phishing them when you send out this like by way of company-wide meeting update.

To your first question, LsAgent is designed to report to an encrypted cloud where your system will retrieve it. We do have LsPush that is designed to push straight to your server. Introduction to the LsPush scanning agent for Windows - Scanning your network - Lansweeper Community

Hope this info helps. 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
LANWT
Engaged Sweeper

Thanks Tim_N!

One more question... well maybe two.  When does LsAgent try to contact the our LS server/your LS server, and it is configurable?

Bob

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@LANWT the minimum scan interval for LsAgent is 4 hours. If you choose a more frequent schedule, your LsAgent installations will silently default to an interval of 4 hours.

random_name
Engaged Sweeper

Just out of curiosity, what's your objection to using a relay server? We're going to deploy LS as a new customer and, while most emps are on VPN most of the time, I imagine some will disconnect from it on occasion which necessitates the relay server approach.

rom
Champion Sweeper II

In a lot of sectors such as Healthcare, Information Security, Government, Financial (to name a few) - there are strict guidelines as to anything going off-prem.  If it DOES go off-prem, they need security approvals and verifications of standards/practice... (such as what LS provided briefly here:  https://www.lansweeper.com/trust/)

Plus, I think LS Cloud is still based out of AWS Ireland?  That prohibits many businesses in North America/US from connecting as well, due to data governance.

I don't see it as necessary if I have access to our servers.  extra pieces in the way, extra pieces to break, extra pieces to configure.  Prefer simplicity.  Also no reason to put my company data on other servers, if it is not necessary.