cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_scott
Engaged Sweeper II
it would be EXTREMELY useful if you could use WILDCARD to scan files/folders/registries to allow you to ascertain the contents of those directories as you maybe looking for multiple values/files.

For example.

i want to see the contents of ALL computers that have contents in the following dir.

%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

There will be multiple sub folders from this directory, but if i could just workout the folders in this dir, it will allow me to see what users have google chrome extensions and hopefully work out what they are. This is to ensure compliance.

This would also be useful for scanning registries on multiple machines when i am looking for multiple custom keys to see who what machines have/dont have the keys applied to them!
5 REPLIES 5
marda
Engaged Sweeper II

Yes, please add this!

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Unfortunately, this is currently indeed not possible in Lansweeper, but this feature has been requested before. As such, it was added to our customer wish list, but this feature is not in active development.

Features on our customer wish list get development priority based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such we aren't able to guarantee that this feature will be implemented or provide you with an estimated release date at this time.

saml
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks for the update. I'll just keep hoping and waiting 🙂

saml
Engaged Sweeper II

Although, aparently it was asked back in 2013, and it's not possible?!

https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/forum/search-for-registry-key-without-value/m-p/16658

saml
Engaged Sweeper II

I second this. It would be very handy to do a wildcard/child entry scan of the regsitry!