cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
name_not_found
Engaged Sweeper II

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me understand what's going on with my report.

I've built a "File and Registry scanning" entry  to look for a Powershell script that is found on our endpoints. It works and pulls computers that have the file after the device is re-scanned but for some reason after about an hour or so the total number of machines that the report pulls drops.

If I re-scan the computers the report fills again with no problem.

Is this normal for the File and Registry scanning feature to do? If so, will it eventually start retaining the computers that it logs?

Thanks for any input all!

2 REPLIES 2
name_not_found
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello Frank,

I have another report that I'm pulling the list of devices to scan and I'm just using the Rescan asset(s) button to start scanning. We have scanning agents installed on our endpoints and we're also using the on-prem version if that makes a difference.

Also, it's not that the scan isn't picking up the files. The scan does see the files and it gets reported correctly to the File and Registry report, but after an hour or so I start to see some devices fall off the list.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello, 
Are you scanning your assets with different scanning targets? And with or without a scanning agent. 
It could be that a specific scanning method is missing the file scanning and that the information is dropped. 
If you contact the Support team, they should be able to find that out and if needed ask the development team to look into that.