cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klaus
Engaged Sweeper III
I had to upgrade to 7.1.40.6 a while ago due to the SQL connection pool issues. I have increased the pool size to 200, but was still getting a lot of complaints...
Unfortunately I did not notice that this is a beta version and are now faced with a lot of issues. BETA versions should be marked as such. Especially nowadays where the quality of the product has changed so much.

The most pressing and most annoying issue is that assets don't refresh daily anymore. I have IP range scanning set up to scan my servers daily, but I frequently find that something around 500 servers vanished from my reports because they weren't scanned for the last 5 days. I haven't changed anything in the scanning configuration and have Lansweeper running for at least 5-10 years now. I never had these issues... they started with version 7.0
(I always add "where tblassets.lastseen > dateadd(dd, -3, getdate())" to my server reports)

Another issue is that for some reason, Lansweeper pulled the OU information of my servers. Having both, AD computer scanning and IP range scanning enabled, resulted in a lot of issues. I had to disable AD computer scanning. I think this is connected to the IP range scanning in a way.

2 REPLIES 2
klaus
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Esben. I have updated to 7.1.50.1 in the meantime, but we still have the issue with Lansweeper not scanning IP ranges. Is it possible that the update unticked the box for "Save pinged IPs"?
We have a lot of items where we don't have any useful information due to lack of credentials. But still, the lastseen property updated for them until 7.1.

I just noticed that the option is unticked whereas I always left that in..
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm not sure how you downloaded the beta version, but as far as I know, the only way to download it is from our actual Beta page. Sometimes our support team will also suggest to install beta installations if the specific issue they are dealing with can be resolved by doing so.

In general we try to make it as clear as possible that these versions are not recommended for production use unless you have no other options.

Something like assets not rescanning is not something I can remember being in any of the beta builds. What I suspect is happening is that your assets are not scanning successfully. Which is preventing their last seen from being updated.