cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b8rtm8nn
Engaged Sweeper III
We have started assigning inventory to users in Lansweeper and would like to have user's review/verify the assignments using the held desk interface, something like My Assets - is this already available and I'm not seeing it?

If it isn't there, is this something we can add like widgets for the agents?

Cheers,
Bart
4 REPLIES 4
b8rtm8nn
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Karen,

Nice to know those options. But only option 3 is applicable to my request - I want to user to see the asset's assigned to them on the Dashboard - can I create a custom widget to sit alongside "Helpdesk" and "My tickets" called "My Assets" that lists the related assets? Also, I would want more details than just the asset name as that isn't descriptive enough for the average user to be meaningful.

Eventually, I would want the user to review these assets and verify that they are all still assigned to them/in their possession through the web interface.

Cheers,
Bart
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
There are 3 ways you can view assets related to a user, aside from making a custom widget.
  • If given access to the asset management part, you can go to a user's page by clicking on its name. This will show logged on assets and user asset relations.
  • Otherwise agents can view a user's related and logged on assets when adding assets to a ticket. If they don't have any relations then the relations tab will not be available.
  • Users can view their own asset relations if they are allowed to add assets to new tickets (dependent on ticket type restrictions: extra new ticket options). The relations that will be displayed can be chosen on the Configuration -> General Settings page under User permissions
MrCount
Engaged Sweeper III
also needed here
Gert007
Engaged Sweeper
That's something we also would like to do.